One of the most handy tools for assessing a odor, mold, or latent problem is a moisture meter. This handheld unit is well-built and reliable.
The General Tools Pin-Type Digital Moisture Meter with LCD Display offers accurate moisture-level readings for wood, plaster and drywall. Use the moisture meter during a home inspection, when you pick up lumber or before painting drywall. This meter has a jumbo LCD display with a low-battery indicator.
- Measures water content of wood and building materials with 3% accuracy and 0.1% resolution
- Helpful for new home inspections and home restorations, locating roof leaks or selecting dry lumber at the yard
- Helps ensure appropriate levels of surface dryness before painting, sealing or treating wood or drywall
- Overall measurement range of 5 to 50% for wood and 1.5 to 33% for building materials
- Separate low, medium and high scales, icons and tones for wood and building materials
- Built-in low battery indicator for energy conservation
- LCD display with hold button to freeze/hold reading
- Pin length: 0.3 in. (8 mm)